Manufacturing of an Aluminum Electrical Housing & Covers for the Military Electronics
- This Electrical housing required deep pocket machining ideal for our Mazak 4 Axis machining
- This part was manufactured using unattended high speed spindle machining services.
- We set up a production cell to run 24/7 for the duration of this project.
- We designed and built a custom extrusion that could best utilize P & L Machines 4 axis
machining center. This would reduce manufacturing time. That in the end would be cost
effective to the customer.
- We were the project manager for all mechanical parts. We delivered completed mechanical kits
to the customer. This included sheet metal parts and all painted parts, along with all
helicoils needed in housings & covers.
- This part combined custom fixturing & tooling along with precision 4 axis machining,
clear anodize coating & complete inspection with our new Zeiss coordinate measuring
machine (CMM). Tolerances held on this project were held to .001".
- Part material 6061-T6 Aluminum 5" X 5" X 4"
- We manufactured this project from prototype to production (approx. 5000 pieces in 6
Manufacturing of an Aluminum Electrical Housing & Covers Project Highlights
- Project Name & Description
- Electrical Housing & Covers
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
Engineering: Process Development
CNC Horizontal Milling
Chemical Conversion Coating
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 5 in.
Width: 5 in.
Height: 4 in.
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- Painted: Chemical Conversion Finish
- Industry for Use
- Military Electronics
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- 5,000 pcs
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 6 Month Project Timeline with Specified Deliveries
- Delivery Location
- Austin, TX
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, CAD Drawings
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified.