Development of Aluminum Custom Pallets used in an Electronics Manufacturing
- This part was a result of partnering with our customer early in the engineering &
- This partnership helped design & manufacture a high quality, but low cost pallet.
- Flatness and tightly positioned dowel pin holes along with repeatable close tolerance pocket
features made this project a manufacturing challenge
- This part was manufactured using precision 4 axis machining, hard anodizing with a PTFE,
& complete inspection with our new Zeiss coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Tolerances
held on this project were held to .0005" on milling sequences while holding .003" flatness.
- Part material 6061-T6 Aluminum. 1" X 14" X 18"
- We manufactured this project from prototype to production (approx. 300 pieces per year).
Manufacturing of an Aluminum Electrical Housing & Covers Project Highlights
- Project Name & Description
- Custom Pallets
Used for proprietary Process for Manufacturing
Electronic power supplies
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Process Development
- Equipment Selection
Plating – Hard Anodized with PTFE Coating
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Tightest Tolerances
± 0.0005" on Hole Location Areas
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- Plating – Hard Anodized with PTFE
- Industry for Use
- Electronics Manufacturing
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Delivery Location
- Austin, TX
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, CAD Drawings
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified.