Custom CNC Machining Services of Medical Components
- This project had both precision CNC Turning & tight tolerance CNC milling of slots &
- Working closely with our customer's R & D team, we were able to produce a finish part
that is going to be the center of a new centrifuge system.
- This part was a manufacturing challenge having both close tolerance groove depths &
tight location machining features.
- This part combined Manufacturing engineering along with process development, CNC Turning,
CNC Milling, black anodize coating, & complete inspection with our new Zeiss coordinate
measuring machine (CMM). Tolerances held on this project were .0005 to .001".
- Part was 6061-T6 Alum. 5" Dia X 1" Thick.
- We manufactured this project from prototype to production (approx. 300 pieces per year).
MANUFACTURING OF MEDICAL COMPONENTS PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
- Project Name & Description
- Medical Components
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- CNC Turning
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 5" Dia X 1" Thick
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- 6061-T6 Alum.
- Material Finish
- Black Anodize Coating
- Industry for Use
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Zeiss coordinate measuring machine (CMM)
- 300 per year
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 10 to 12 Weeks
- Standards Met
- ISO 9001:2008
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified.