Custom Manufacturing of Electrical Connectors for a Wind Power Generator
- This connector assembly is manufactured using both CNC Turning & CNC Milling.
- Working closely with our customer's engineering department, we were able to produce this
connector assembly. This assembly consisted of close tolerance CNC Turning & Milling
with both left & right hand fine threads.
- Working with both left & right hand fine pitch threading, and thin wall material made
this part a machining challenge.
- This part combined custom tooling & fixturing with precision machining & complete
inspection with our new Zeiss coordinate measuring machine (CMM). Tolerances held on this
project were held to .001".
- Material used on this assembly was 6061-T6 Alum. 2" X 2" X 2 1/2"
- We manufactured this project from prototype to production (approx. 750 pieces per year).
ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS FOR THE WIND POWER INDUSTRY PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
- Project Name & Description
- Electrical Connector for Wind Power Generator
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- CNC Turning
Custom Tool and Fixturing
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 2" X 2" X 2 1/2"
- Tightest Tolerances
- 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Industry for Use
- Power Generation
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Zeiss coordinate measuring machine (CMM)
- 750 per year
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 10 to 12 Weeks
- Standards Met
- ISO 9001:2008
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified.